International Women's Day

March 8 is International Women’s Day (IWD). People around the world will lift their voices in support of creating opportunities, promoting equality, and celebrating the achievements of women in all walks of life. 


This year’s IWD theme is #ChooseToChallenge. And like the organization clearly states: a challenged world is an alert world, and from challenge comes change.

As an organization, LCSNW is committed to supporting women through our services, connecting them to health, justice and hope that has the potential to change their story for the better.

I’ve been fortunate to have a number of women mentor and impact me:

 

  • My mom, a fearless music teacher who taught me the love of art and music,

  • Roxanne Davis, my favorite teacher, who had a genuine and heartfelt belief in my potential,

  • Jane, my wife, who taught me about true partnership,

  • Joy, my daughter, a young woman demonstrating her own strength and voice, and

  • Susan Dreyfus, the retiring CEO of Alliance for Stronger Families, taught me the importance of advocacy.

             

I’d also like to recognize all the remarkable women in our agency and to thank you for bringing your experiences, skills, perspectives, and whole self to our team—you challenge me every day!

 

I’d love to hear about the women who have had an impact on you. 


And treat yourself to this amazing poem, “Choose to Challenge,” by Spoken Word Poet Anisa Nandaula.

Have a great weekend,


David

Health, Justice and Hope

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maggi Gerhard turns the table on David Duea in David's Corner, Part I

Sergio Razo explains the benefits and staff support for change to Microsoft 365

Meet Charles Tillmon