It's official!!! June 19 is a national holiday. 

I was so excited that it was a bipartisan effort. I am announcing that Juneteenth will become a LCSNW holiday in 2022. It is a little too late to enact it this year with many clients schedule for Friday. However, remember that many of you have a couple of floating holidays. Juneteenth falls on a Saturday this year and I hope you can find some time to learn more about this important day.

As an organization that believes in equal justice, Juneteenth seems a good time to reflect on the work we do at LCSNW every day, the work that still needs to be done, and the world we want.

As an organization that also understands that learning is an ongoing process, please take some time to learn more about Juneteenth. I have included two links below; more sources can be found online or at your local library. In my own ignorance of this important day, I found these helpful. Please let me know if you have any other resources.

This is Why Juneteenth Is Important for America - This video from the online magazine, The Root, describes the birth of Juneteenth.

Celebrating Juneteenth - In this video, the founding director of the National Museum of African American History & Culture, Smithsonian leads a tour through a Juneteenth exhibit (the audio is soft but it's worth a listen).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maggi Gerhard turns the table on David Duea in David's Corner, Part I

Sergio Razo explains the benefits and staff support for change to Microsoft 365

Meet Charles Tillmon